Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Date#25

Codename:Daft
Nationality:Canadian
Age:34
Occupation:Insurance


He works downtown and the original plan was to meet there. He decided that we should meet closer to his residence in the burbs. I obliged because it was closer for me and I really don't give a flying f**k. We met at a big chain restaurant that serves local peasant fare. I ate dinner prior to our meeting(I didn't want to spend money needlessly, in case I had to pay my own way).

I sat at down and waited for him. He was seven minutes late and more cock-eyed than I remember in his picture. I think he went home, showered and tried to look his best. I barely combed my hair and I also noticed some dry, peeling skin on my nose and I left it there(a sign that the apocalypse is near).

He ordered dinner(I thought about how this would prolong things). I just ordered a drink. He talked about insurance and asked if I was insured. I lied and said yes. He said he loves to travel. When I asked him where he's been he said "Florida and California".

We didn't have much in common. There were countless awkward silences. As soon as he finished his meal. I said I had to meet a friend. I lied I went across the street to a book store and purchased an India guide book.

No comments:

Post a Comment