Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, November 26, 2010

#11

Forgive and speak up

From childhood, I have always been a little shy, sheepish and afraid to ask for what I want or speak out. My mother consistently tried to break me from this habit, to no avail. I would always repress my thoughts because I feared I was being too judgemental and that it was better to mull it over before speaking out(which never happened). Instead, what I would do was internalize the problem until it reached a boiling point. If I felt someone wronged me, I would usually disappear instead of confronting them. I knew it was bad habit and it sometimes lead to passive aggressive behaviour.

There have been several instances this year when I spoke my mind, as difficult as it was. Sometimes the outcome wasn't as bad as I imagined, in other instances...it was. I still believe in exercising caution before speaking, but now I do it with less reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment