Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Date#15-Half-way there

Codename:handkerchief
Nationality:Chinese-Canadian
Occupation:Defence contractor
Age:28


Here we are, half-way done. It has taken me forever and a day to get here. This is date#2 with Handkerchief.


We went to watch the Social Network. I almost cancelled because I was tired and I'm coming down with a cold. I cancelled on him earlier in the week and I would be a major turd if I did it again. He drove to my area. I was there early waiting in my car, sending people annoying BBM messages. My Facebook updates lit up: he requested me as a friend. Now, he is a great guy, but I have a very firm rule: I do not add POF guys to my Facebook page. I have a link to my blog and I also don't want them to see me in all my glory. I'm not sure how he found me because I don't recall telling him my last name(and I am sure you've guessed by now that my real name is not Rhodesia).

Anywhoo, we met inside the theatre. He came dressed from work in a suit, I looked like a bag lady. We got our tickets and made a trip to the concession stand. He ordered a kids popcorn deal that came with a Kinder suprise. I mocked him. We sat in cinema #17 catching up on each others lives for about ten minutes before the movie started. He told me that he added me on Facebook. I cringed inside as I explained why I couldn't(or wouldn't) add him. He said he was OK with it, but I think he was a bit disappointed.

 The movie started he offered me some of his popcorn, I declined at first(because movie theatre popcorn makes me constipated). I offered him some of my banana bread(which I snuck because I always bring my own snacks to movies). I feel relaxed with him, but I just don't know if I'm ready for what he is looking for. During the movie, he kept glancing over at me(like every five minutes). He asked me if I was OK a couple of times—I am watching the blasted movie! I don't have time to stare into someones eyes longingly.

The movie ended. We chatted a bit more as he walked me to my car. I gave him a hug and we parted. I like him but I just don't know if he's for me.

5 comments:

  1. I LIKE HIM!! Thanks for making him # 15..
    Now 16, 17, 18!! and stop being such a prude! F! The man is looking at a beautiful woman and you are giving him shit (in your blog)? "I'm watching the movie!!/ I don't have time to stare into someones eyes longingly"
    Oh really you don't have time? You need to start making time and make some tools to break the cement wall you built up around your vagina, eyes, heart and did I mention vagina??!! Cazzo! Personally I've never "finished" watching a movie with a man... Let me point out why you continue to let yourself be single... You hide, when attention is given from a male subject as "handkerchief" (decent, sweet, manners etc) you run like pussy who saw dog, you don't like admitting you like sweet men.. Tell me have you come across "class" such as him as yet?
    Let I remind you of " Yo shorty, bless up, you fine stilll!!!!" types of pick-up lines that I'm sure you love.... Ps: Don't cancel because you're bored/tired/not up to it etc... Invest some effin effort and stop bitching for finding a decent man.. You are lucky I didn't call your ass from Italia..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Stephanie, couldn't have put it better myself! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Stephanie...I agree not because I want to see an Asian man with a black woman but because he sounds like a great guy. Get to kno him better and see where it leads. Don't shut him out and it sounds like he likes you.

    Sara Araya

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes we only get a few chances at love. some of us get none..

    any update on this young man?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It didn't go anywhere. I suspect he found the blog...

    ReplyDelete