Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

#11 Forgive and speak up

I have always been a person who hates confrontation and try to avoid it whenever possible. Many times this had led to me ingesting my anger about a situation. Sometimes, I was glad I held my tongue because if I spoke or acted impulsively the consequences could have been dire. On the other hand, many times I held my tongue and have regretted not being more assertive. Lately, I have been speaking up for myself and dealing with whatever consequences come my way. It's not easy, but it must be done. I am working on the forgiveness aspect, but the speaking up part...I'm good.

3 comments:

  1. It's funny you wrote about this because just today I was thinking I'd try an experiment whereby I do not hold my tongue when someone pisses me off for one week to see what it's like.
    Great minds think alike I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to speak my mind especially at work... But if I did I would get fired! HAHA!!! If customers could read my mind... I would be shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more often you speak up the easier it gets. I too have held my tongue over the years,wanting to avoid problems, but I was getting tired of people walking all over me. As long as you state your oppinions in a respectful way, then there should not be any problems xoxoxo
    Its Sara Araya by the way

    ReplyDelete