Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Date#8

Codename: Logorrhea
Nationality: Canadian(caucasian)
Age:34
Occupation:Jack of many trades


He messaged me quite some time ago(there was some correspondance). I cut it off when he made a comment " My friends and I were thinking about starting a blog about our on-line dating experiences". I grew suspicious and thought I had been found out. I ceased contact and went more covert ops; Changed my screen name and put up a blurred picture.

After several months, Logorrhea messaged me again. Not my type, but I am trying to be open. He had free tickets to a hip-hop show and said I could bring a friend. I was elated that I would finally have some company on these wretched dates.

I went with my friend "Zahara". We arrived at the venue and surveyed the crowd and decided we needed a drink. We chatted while trying to see if I spotted my victim. After twenty minutes, I spotted and approached. He was with a few friends. We introduced ourselves, they dispersed. Just he, I and Zahara remained. We chatted for a while. Mostly about him—his product launching soon, possible reality show,etc,etc,etc. Which was fine. I found it somewhat interesting.

We moved outside to the patio area and continued our chat. He asked me about what I am up to. Regretfully, I mentioned my cards. I told him the name...if he googles it, this blog will come up. I told him about a circumstance where I possibly could have gone to Nigeria a couple years ago. Here is how that coversation went:

L:would you really want to go there
Me:Yeah, ofcourse.
L: Isn't it war torn
Me: No.
L:Don't they kill people with machetes and stuff there. I don't really travel outside North America. I think everywhere else, people will kill me with machetes.

Perhaps I should put well travelled on my POF profile as a requirement. I could see Zahara's face as he said these things. Priceless. We discussed my background. He actually knew where Guyana was(that was suprising). We discussed my friends heritage (Eritrea). He hadn't heard of it, which is fine. I did not judge him for that. We explained that it was similar to Ethiopian culture and food to which he said " Oh yeah you guys eat that big pancake thing and then rip little pieces of and use it to pick all the spicy food". Yeah, pancake. That's it.

His friends returned and we all sat on the patio chatting. We talked about where we lived. Logorrhea asked " Do you know a girl by the name Blah Blah. She lives on the corner of Putana and Wanker, she's black". Nooooooo. I don't know her... Somehow his friends were talking about bangles (perhaps they saw the two gold ones I wear). His friend asked " you know when Indian women wear all those bangles. Are they for religious purposes?". Am I the fuckin oracle for coloured people?

 My friend Zahara was wearing something sleeveless. I knew she was cold and used that to plot our escape. I said we were going inside to warm up(disappear). We stayed inside, danced and chatted. Now, it was a great date, just me and Zahara. We remained unseen for most of the night until closer to the end. He spotted us and we chatted again. He wanted to make sure we were having a good time. I thanked him for the tickets. He said  he googled me and that I was hard to find, but he found a sale that I did with my friend last year. He also said that he saw my Facebook profile pic and described it...Scusi? Ummmm. We all do a little cyber stalking. It's when you tell your victim in question about your stalking, it gets a little unsettling.

In all honesty, he seemed like a nice enough guy, but nowhere near what I am looking for. I need someone who isn't afraid to travel outside of North America, or whose sexuality I don't find ambiguous. Zahara found this thoroughly entertaining and said she wants to come on all my dates.

Sorry white dudes, you're on hiatus for a while. Someone asked me if  I don't date black men. I do. Four of the now six men I gave my phone number to were black. I am still waiting for a call.

3 comments:

  1. You need not categorize all "white dudes" as non travelling, pancake eaten, 5th generation dweebs.. This dude has only just seen outside his mamma's vagina and Buffalo.. Not all are like that.. Hence why we need to go to Sweden or Finland or London you get the idea.. I could of just seen your face while on this date.. I know when one of mine says something proper stupid I find of cunning ways of leaving the date.. For instance, telling them the date is over.. I've done that more than once..
    Nothing like lying and saying you don't live in the same area as him, as he offers you a ride home and counting down (out loud) the time left for the tram to arrive while he's standing right beside you.. I have no time for stupidity or the type of ignorance that is avoidable.. Like knowing that travelling outside of Canada won't get you a machety in your ass crack... Dude and his friends need Wikipedia.. Thanks Oracle you got 22 dates to go.. GET UR DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure you don't want to give him another try..seems like a keeper..I kid I kid..I would classify him an "Ignorant Douche"..keep'em comming Mar, reading your blog makes my day:)
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous mar, have you created a values list with behavioral dimensions of what you're looking for...? It may help to formulate a selection criteria that helps distinguish between seemingly superficial personal idiosyncracies of potentially aligned mates... From markers characterizing deeper, darker, absolute-no's, what might be entirely intolerable! xx L

    ReplyDelete