Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Date#9

CODENAME:I♥ Jesus
NATIONALITY:West African(former French resident)
AGE:34
OCCUPATION: Civil servant

Another coffee shop date. Again, this was my doing. I am in the midst of a cleanse and can't indulge in a lot of things. I figure if I go to a restaurant and start asking them for gluten-free, steamed, sauceless things I would look even more crazy than I already do.

The moment I saw him I knew there was no chance in hell. The shirt he wore was a bit reflective. He had a thick accent and was deeply Christian. I am an Atheist. I do not hide this fact. We got into a whole discussion about what happened in my life to make me a an Atheist. I  asked him what happened in his life to make him a sheep and blindly follow the assertions of others. That didn't go over to well. I don't mean to insult those of you who believe in God—just don't degrade my beliefs(or lack thereof) because you can't fathom that someone wouldn't/ couldn't believe that Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Jehovah, etc, isn't the path to salvation.

It lasted half and hour. I told him I had to go. We shook hands and he said to me " I hope you find Jesus."
There were so many things that were on the tip of my tongue...I didn't unleash the beast. Maybe Jesus was on his side.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, man! Don't you screen out the religious ones before you meet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As promised,
    (as a fellow grammar lover)
    Just wanted to let you know about:
    "I am asked him what happened in his life..".

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoopsies! Sometimes I go over posts several times and still miss stuff. Thanks for pointing it out.

    Sam, I think I just want to get these dates done and skipped some of my usual screening process. Going to do a post on the cleanse tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete