Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dr.Joshi's holistic detox

is the name. A few people have inquired about the cleanse I am on. It's not as horrible as I anticipated. I have fully adjusted now. The first few days were hell. When I read the book all I saw was the list of  NO's. It seemed extensive; No alcohol, red meat, fruits(except bananas), no balsamic,soy or teriyaki, no wheat, no dairy(buffalo mozzarella and natural yogurt is allowed ), no cucumbers...I could go on and on.

I kept whining about all the indulgent, bad things I wanted to eat until Stephanie(the fascist) put the smack down. She told me to say no for once in my life. She has been on my nut-sack like no other. I posted on my facebook status that I wanted cookies. Shortly after, there was a voicemail telling me to put down the Mrs.Fields and that she would bitch slap them out of my hand all the way from Italy. Sometimes people need to be rough with me.

Here is an example of what I may eat during a day(Monday actually)

Breakfast: Smoothie with banana,almond milk, kefir yogurt, flax and a little agave

Snack(if needed):celery(barf) or carrots

Lunch: grilled veggies with roasted chicken breast

Dinner:brown rice with broccoli, cauliflower and salmon cakes.

The fascist made me realize that I must be creative. I must change it up and stop focusing on what I cannot eat. If I can manage that, success is inevitable. The fact that I am already seeing progress makes me want to work harder. A couple people have been telling me I look different.  For more info check out  Dr.Joshi's websiteor get the book.

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you!
    I am going dairy and wheat-less right now and it is TORTURE.
    I keep dreaming of cheese, with melted cheese on top.... with a side of cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Message from the fascist: I have my boss on it too! This morning he came complaining that he wanted a coffee and I shut him down like a sketchy massage parlor right in front of our clients.. He got green tea, water and fruit while I served up a plate of diabetes and black-death to our client.

    Tell the people how much you have lost girl... So far I have lost 2 kilos and we got 34 more days to go!!!! I'm proud of you girl.. Even though I know you were cursing my ass the first week :) Get ur done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon-You can do it! As a fellow cheese lover, I understand. I could live off of bread and cheese for the rest of my life(a short life it would be). It may be torture but you'll be happy with the results.

    Fascist- I love you for spreading your totalitarian regime. I will owe my sucess to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you my experiment as always I commend you for your efforts and I'm just about to call you to confirm my efforts :)

    This will take a lot of effort on the participants part, plus those around you and no cheating not even once.

    I've bought the book and his other one 3 times that's how much I believe in it.

    You will get results so you must stick to the TOP TEN DETOX RULES which I will list for you and my 2 cents ;) :

    1) No red meat-- Growing up Jamaican forces this upon you
    "WHY YUH NA WAN EAT DI OX TAIL???!!!"

    2) No dairy produce-- So rice, soya and Almond milk for you missy, say bye to the cow-- It's not taught that calcium comes from so many other fruits and vegetables

    3) No fruit - except bananas-- it's for the first 21-30 days how long you plan to do it for..

    4) No wheat, Gluten, Yeast -- Rice cakes "gluten free" pasta and bread but gluten free!! Brown rice yes!!!

    5) No Alcohol - That's clear- no getting crunked - order a bottle of water at the club or restaurant-- people will think you are a recovering alcoholic as I often get mistaken for-- No I don't drink, beat it!

    6) No biscuits, cakes, doughnuts etc -- That's CLEAR!! Nothing of the sort! Get rid of the ones in your house. Temptation will try to be your friend for the 1st week SO better to save yourself the agony

    7) No jams, spreads - except honey --- Honey is magic, buy a good brand and use it wisely

    8) No coffee, decaffinated coffee or tea-- Except herbal teas -- SO buy green tea and NO black teas

    9) No SUGAR, Chocolate or sweets-- You will get creative on this.. I blend ripe bananas in soya milk and drink that in the morning for breakfast and it's like my "dessert".. Keep in mind I live in Italia and here breakfast is all sweet stuff so on the way to work I "SMELL" all this stuff being baked and it doesn't even phase me at all, once you are in control of your body you will be laughing!

    10) No artificial produced flavourings: tomato ketchup, vinegar, mustard etc..--- SO no ratid "1000 island" salad dressing or anything creamy killing off the goodness of your salad (I remember my Aunty Birdy murdering her salad with that all my life)

    Another rule which he doesn't put on the list-- clearly nothing fried, NO VEGETABLE OIL *****ONLY OLIVE OIL*****

    You will loose cellulite, weight, your skin will glow, your eyes will be brighter..

    Roll up at chapters and get the book, it's around 8-11 dollars if I'm right... ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!

    ReplyDelete