Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

GORDITA

I was at the grocery store yesterday. There was an older Spanish speaking couple in front of me. The gentleman was loading their items on the belt while the woman was chatting it up with one of the store clerks(in Spanish). His wife was blocking my way, I had a heavy basket and her husband told her in Spanish to move so I could pass by. The clerk then said to her "let the Gordita pass" and proceeded to laugh. I don't speak Spanish, but I understood what she said and I know what GORDITA means. It means fat girl! Let the fat girl pass... It's been a long time since I have been insulted about my weight. I was itching to say something to her, but I remained silent. I was fuming inside. I came home and ate a whole milka chocolate bar, thus leading me further into Gordita-hood. I got over it, went to boot camp and killed it. No one will ever call me Gordita again and live to tell the tale!

1 comment: