Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

#27 Meditation

I am proud to say that I have been meditating everyday, for the past few months. In the beginning, I thought you had to meditate for substantial amounts of time for it to considered meditation. I was informed that a few minutes of meditation daily is more beneficial that an hour once in a while. I found going to the Shambala centre helped me in my pratice. I won't cross it off yet. I meditate for five to ten minutes in the morning and also in the evening. I'm getting there.

2 comments:

  1. Vipassana meditation centre... I'm going! Check out the regiment dude!
    Utter silence for more or less 10 days.. Yes I think I can shut up for that amount of time, they can't stop me from talking to my damn self.. The concept is quite interesting.. No cell phones, computers, paper, pens, books etc.. The only thing you can read would be the labels on your clothes and speak only to the teachers more or less for an hour everyday.
    Wake up at 4 am and bed by 9:30 am. Serious!

    http://www.dhamma.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you luck! I can't see you keeping your mouth shut for 10 days! You can't even write? That's intense. I can keep quiet but I would need a book or something. Let me know if you're going to do it. Can't say I'll join...

    ReplyDelete