Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Date#14

Codename:handkerchief
Nationality:Chinese-Canadian
Occupation:Defence contractorAge:28



Handkerchief was my very first Asian. Out of the many men that have messaged me over the past 6+ months, I would say less that 5% have been Asian. I have always(well not always) been open to dating men of all nationalities.


The goods:
We met at a Thai restaurant in the Annex(yeah dinner!) I was fifteen minutes late. I came rushing in and there he sat in plaid blazer, dress shirt and perfectly placed handkerchief peeking out of the breast pocket of his blazer. He's not my usual type but I thought he was cute(better than his picture). He was about 5'10, average build, short black hair and glasses. He stood as I approached. He helped me take off my coat and pulled out my chair(points!).

We perused the menu and decided to share a couple of dishes. He had a beer and I had a cold ginger beverage. We dined on green curry and tofu. We conversed about many different things. At times it was difficult to hear, as the restaurant was crowded and the adjacent tables were very close( I am sure they were listening to our conversation). I would say there was a good rapport. I broke protocol for the first time... I told him about the blog! I KNOW! I didn't give him the address, but I explained the premise. He seemed like a nice guy, so I thought I would be honest. I told him he was number 14. He said he felt used. He wanted to know to rules; If I could go on the remainder of the dates with him. I explained that I couldn't. He said that meant that I am unavailable until my little project is over. Pretty much.

The bill came. I asked him to pass my purse(the compulsory reach), he refused(YES! I got a meal and I didn't have to pay.) We decided to go for coffee. We got up to leave, he helped me put on my coat and opened the door. He was a true gentleman. We went for tea and a more quiet chat. I ordered a peppermint tea, he ordered hot chocolate. When the tea arrived and I saw that it was fresh peppermint tea I nearly jizzed in my pants(this is one of my favourite things). We stayed for about an hour and then he walked me to my car. We hugged and promised that we would do it again soon.

I had a good time. He's intelligent, he likes to travel, he knows how to salsa and  how to treat a lady. I just don't know if I'm attracted to him. I do know that I would definitely go out with him again.

6 comments:

  1. I like this change! Make him date number 15 16 17 18 19 and 20!!!
    A man with class from where ever is a MAN in my books!
    HELLO SALSA DANCING! Didn't you take lessons back in the day dude???!!
    Roll up and don't be a pussy! Make effort damn it!
    I dated a Korean guy back in the day and you know I have a thing for Japanese men... Lord don't get me started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list only says that you have to go on 30 dates - it doesn't specify that they have to be with 30 different people! If you find someone you're interested in then more than one date with the same person is allowed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! A good date!!! I'm so happy for you...and jealous for me. lol

    I agree with the other two ladies - he counts. You never said 30 "men", you said 30 "dates"...right? If not, change the rules. It's your list. Debo that sucka.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to hit that back up. Asians are coming into your life! Welcome to my world girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!K I forgot about your love for Asians. Now you are surrounded. You must be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgggggg girl, i am luving ur blog! esp. this one...def. a fan fo' life! one luv! xoxopreet

    ReplyDelete