Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

VERITAS

This past week has been one of reflection. My uncle passed away after a long, arduous battle with cancer. When situations like this arise, it definitely makes you reflect on your own mortality. He was only fifty-one. He was a thin man and he didn't drink or smoke. There have been a few other instances of cancer in my family. Watching my father shovel dirt onto his younger brothers grave was a stark reminder that health, not vanity should be at the forefront of my battle to lose weight. Many studies show that people who are overweight or obese are more at risk. I remember having a dream nightmare at thriteen years old that I had ovarian cancer(strange I know).  I am going for my annual physical shortly an I feel like I'm being a bit of a hypochondriac and I'm going to stop looking things up on-line. This weekend also reminded me that family is invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment