Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Date#12

Codename:Coward aka.:The man that never was
Nationality:Canadian(Caucasian)
Age:Don't remember, don't give a f**k

So Coward and I had exchanged a few text messages and spoke on the phone briefly. We agreed that we would meet for lunch the next day. I told him to text me in the morning to arrange a meeting place. He did. So it was set ,we would meet on the corner of Wanker and Poltroon at 1:15pm. After an appointment I hurriedly walked to said meeting place. A tall slender white dude looked at me hard but kept walking(not thinking anything at the time). I stood there waiting and waiting and waiting. I am usually very punctual, so I don't like when people keep me waiting. I sent him a text message asking if he had arrived. No reply. It then dawned on me that it was the dude that looked at me and walked by. (I am chatting with a few dudes at the moment so their faces kind of meld together). I got stood up.

I wasn't that upset about it at first. I'm sure it would have been dismal anyway. Then I really started to think about it and I became fuming mad. I took time out of my day to meet someone and he didn't even have the courtesy to return a text message. I know he saw me. It couldn't have been my face because I have one of the most demure, virginal faces you will ever come across. Perhaps he found me too rotund? It doesn't matter. I'm not going to try and rationalize his callous act. It was rude and cowardly, period. I would never do that to anyone. I don't care if the dude looks like Gollum, I would suffer through the date because I agreed to meet. I am still counting this as a date because I showed up. I'm fine. My self-esteem hasn't taken beating because of this. Although, I thought of sending him messages about skinning him alive and then wearing his pelt like a fur coat. I opted not to.

4 comments:

  1. Jerk. Behavior like that makes me cringe and loathe navigating the mechanics of dating... esp. via online... all the more. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cowardly indeed..Dude couldn't handle so much beauty..it was too intimidating for him..on to the next one!!
    Sara Araya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the days of getting stood up... Only ever happen to me in Canada.
    AND you know what it burns like when you get Johnsons Baby shampoo in your eyes.. They say "oh it doesn't burn".. Well bitch it does! EFF that guy and all the losers that stand girls up.. The only excuse I will take is if a Bangal Tiger escaped from the zoo and malled his ass.. Clearly there is a "men with balls" shortage... Send me "no balls" phone number he needs an international text message... I hear you dude I hate my time being wasted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Coffey! and Step and Sara. I was over it like an hour later. If it ever happens again, someone will get a shank in their ribs. What's with you and the Bengal tigers? Where are the rest of your dating posts malaka?

    ReplyDelete