Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lucky #13

#13 try a fencing class

So, I had a private fencing lesson the other day. I met my former archery instructor  at his residence. We had a short discussion about what we would cover in my first(and possibly only) fencing lesson. We walked a short distance to a local park and he handed me a pair of leather fencing gloves and an épée. He explained the difference between modern and medieval fencing( I forgot about 30 seconds afterwards). We covered stance(en garde position), how to move forward and back, attack and retreat. All of this took place while people were walking their dogs, etc. We received a few strange glances and one man did a double take and said "I had to look back and make sure I was seeing correctly". Yeah twatface, I'm fencing in a mother f**king park, and WHAT? I didn't say that out loud, but I gave him a menacing look and slanted my épée in his direction. I felt like one of these turdbaskets .....


We'll see. I may take a few more lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment