Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Meditation

I made an attempt to meditate this morning.It took a while to find a comfortable position. I tried sitting in the lotus position ( my ankle didn't appreciate it). I tried sitting up with my legs straight out in front of me (I could not relax). I thought I would try lying down on my bed in the corpse position. I settled in.

I lay there trying to clear my head of all the flith,clutter and depravity that envelops it. I thought of snowflakes and lilies and waterfalls and then I realized I shouldn't be thinking of anything. My mind should be clear. But how does one accomplish this clarity?  I envisioned blackness with a white light in the centre. I honed in on that white light, until everything vanished...and then I woke up 45mins later. Does falling asleep count as meditation? I need professional help. Does anyone know of a good meditation class?

2 comments:

  1. I do yoga once in a while but I want deeper meditation. The kind where there is all sorts of weird people and you just meditate for an hour. I think I may have found a place

    ReplyDelete