Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

SPINSTERHOOD...

may be just where I am headed. I have no desire to be a spinster, but one must prepare themselves for such an occurance. Perhaps I should start knitting tea cozys, subscribing to cat fancy magazine, get some cats (I hate cats), wrap my furniture in plastic and become a shut-in. The possibilty of this future petrifies me. My mother had a friend who would call at 6am on a Sunday for cake recipes and other foolishness. Women that I have come across who have never been married or had children seem to be sullen and regretful in their later years. I think having children makes the difference. If by 38 I am not married I will adopt or find some random to impregnate me. Spinsterhood will not be my future! Even if I end up perpetually single I vow to go down in a blaze of glory! I often wonder in the end who has the smile on her face. Is it the chaste woman who has lived a modest, pious life full of what if's and unrequited love? Or is it the wild woman of easy virtue, who has travelled the world and can tell many tales of her sordid love affairs and adventures? I choose the latter.

1 comment: