Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

ZIE LIST cont'd

16. GO TO INDIA
It just calls my name(with a bhangra beat in the background). Mumbai, Dehli, Agra, Jaipur, Jodpur, Goa and maybe go trekking in Nepal (who am I kidding, I don't even go hiking). If anyone has any hook-ups for India or is willing to pay for my ticket HOLLA!

17.SKY DIVE OR BUNGEE JUMP
Just thinking about it makes me shard my pants. I am not extremely afraid of heights- I would say it's a moderate fear. If there is a barrier of some kind, the fear subsides. I stood at the edge of a gorge in South Africa (no barrier) for just a few seconds. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead, I envisioned myself tumbling to my death and my parents having a service with no body( I know I'm an idiot). Another moment I am proud of is riding an elephant a few weeks after falling off a horse. I think integral part of this journey is  to push myself far beyond what I deem comfortable.

19.GO SAILING
I envision myself in early 90's Jean Paul Gaultier nautical attire, Hermes scarf tied gracefully around my head, drinking a mimosa at 10am. I have been on a yatch and cruise ship(barf) but I want a true sailing experience. I already know some saling terms: forward, aft, bow, stern, hull, buoy, port and starboard and ahoy!!!!! I am willing to work for food and champagne. I promise I will only vomit once over the port side of the ship. If you have a sailboat and would like to extend an invitation, I accept.

20.RIDE ON THE BACK OF A MOTORCYCLE or a vespa will do
That's all.

21. IMPROVE RELATIONS WITH THE ANIMAL KINGDOM
Since chilhood, my relationship with animals has been...hostile. They don't like me, I don't like them. I have been tormented by dogs, thrown off a horse, cats glare at me, a bird flew into my head, a chimp threw a log towards me and an evil peacock stalked me. At the lodge I stayed at in South Africa I was informed that there were monkeys on the premises. I never saw them--I would hear them singing in the trees above me everytime I went for my afternoon stroll. I was convinced they were plotting a guerilla style ambush in their secret monkey language. I thwarted their efforts by changing my routine. Maybe next time monkeys!!!!!  I promise to make a valiant effort in improving interspecies relations (not in that way you freaks!).

22.STOP USING CHEMICAL RELAXER
I have been chemically straightening my hair since the age of 12. Slathering sodium hydroxide on my head every 8 weeks for more than 15 years. Many times I would do it myself because I was too cheap to go to the hairdresser. Many times I would not wear gloves and keep it on past the recommended amount of time. I would end up with scalp burns, but my hair was straight! No more creamy crack!

23.PERFECT THE ART OF MAKING ROTI
I am of West Indian origin. My mother makes amazing roti. She has tried to teach me her ways several times.... I learn slowly. She gets frustrated with my snail pace and kicks me out of the kitchen. I am determined to be a roti master!!!!

24.GO HIKING OR CAMPING
I am not going to do both. I don't really have an interest in either one but I need to expand my horizons.

25.BE MORE SOCIAL
I tend to be a hermit. I need to be more social. I have amazing (and good looking!) friends, but I have always been a lone ranger. I am not outgoing in social situations. Sometimes I'll stand in the corner and talk to my glass of wine. When travelling, this is not a problem for me. Many times I have travelled on my own and it's a necessity to meet new people and make fast friends. I am not one to change friends like I do underwear. I chose the people in my life wisely (most of the time) and value their friendship. Once you break my fortress of reclusivity, it's a golden place to be and you'll never want to leave......

26.JOIN A MAS CAMP WITH MY FRIENDS FOR CARIBANA 2010
This will require a wearing an skimpy, shiny outfit and gyrating along a parade for hours in the heat. I have no problem with the gyrating part-- it's the barely there outfit that makes me nervous. I said I would do it......so ....yeah.

27.LEARN TO MEDITATE
Several attempts have been made, with no success. I have the attention span of a squirrel. I close my eyes and try to clear my head-- instead I think of croissants, how uncomfortable the lotus position is, how long do I have to do this crap and if I fart does that mean I am not really focused. I will try harder. Maybe take a meditation class. Maybe.

28.KARAOKE
I despise it with every fibre of my being. I think it is pointless and when I see people doing it I want to take a bow and arrow and pierce it through their heart so they'll stop singing. In the interest of trying new things, I shall participate in this dreadful pastime.

29.STOP THE ROAD RAGE
Since I had a car accident a few years ago, I have developed some serious road rage.When people do things like don't signal, swerve into your lane, cut you off an then proceed to drive slowly in front of you- I can't handle it. After driving with people who suffer from more severe road rage than I-I realized that we look crazy! I will no longer flip people off, curse of try and follow the offender. Instead of yelling "MOTHER F*@CKETY  F*@K  FACE" I will say " Oh, I forgive your error in judgement, have a blessed day".

30. RIDE A BIKE
Very few people know this highly guarded secret... I have never sat on a bike in my life. As a child I had Polio and Scurvy..... No I didn't. As a child I had more interesting things to do like kill lizards, suffocate catepillars in jars and play with my imaginary friends. The older I got the more embarassing it became. I would say I prefer to walk or I couldn't afford a bike (when my brother had one). Do they have adult tricycles? It's out. Let the torment begin. I dare you to make fun of me to my face. I will pop you.