Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Date#5

Codename: Kremlin
Nationality: Russian
Occupation: Engineer
Age:37

We spoke over the phone briefly. When I heard his thick eastern block accent, I almost didn't want to go(but I never want to go on dates). I quieted my inner voice that was telling me to cancel. He was adamant about picking me up. I thought maybe he was a serial killer or rapist and didn't want me to have my own transportation or way out (he was just being a gentleman).  I made it clear that I would like to make my own way there.

It was his idea to go to the Sultan's Tent. He said (insert Russian accent)" It is to be very nice, they have belly dancers and things like this". I have been to the Sultan's Tent a couple times, but I didn't want to ruin the allure for him. I said yes because he seemed nice enough and I knew I would get a meal.

I was dressed in a demure, virginal fashion. I arrived first and got seated. He approached, we did a double kiss. He looked just like his picture: thin build, 5'9, receding dirty blond hair and blue eyes. Not ugly, but not my type. The conversation was good. There were a couple awkward silences. We talked about life in Russia, travel, what we like to do in our spare time.

The belly dancer came out soon after we arrived. I joked that she was coming for him next and he looked horrified "I cannot dance like this,no,no,no". I felt bad because every table the belly dancer approached was full of lifeless drones who didn't want to dance. When she came over to us, I obliged. I copied her moves. It was quite easy because I am a dancer of unknown parallel. She told me I was a natural. He was also impressed by my skills.

 There was a slight coldness to him but I think that may just be cultural.  He was already talking about our second date. He likes to be outdoors often. He wants to take me to some waterfall in a forest that's a couple hours outside Toronto for a pinic(maybe so he could dismember my body and scatter it). I told him I would think about it.We finished dinner and chatted while we waited for the bill. It came and I did "the reach"  and he gave me a puzzled look and said "this is my treat, I asked you out, so I must pay". Spoken like a true gentlemen. YES!!!! Thank goodness cause I need a new pair of shoes.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds promising, Mar! I think you should give him a second chance, see if you can build on the first date. Who knows? He seems interested! And you didn't seem to hate him! DO IT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that Mar... go for it and see how it turns out :) (Tru)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmm.Yeah, but no. He's nice but I get a slight serial killer vibe from him.

    ReplyDelete