Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

An ode to pork

In a couple of weeks I am getting a butt flush (colonic) and afterwards I will be a vegan for two weeks. Yes, you read correctly. Vegan...for two weeks. I am already dreading it and thinking about all the animals and dairy products I won't be able to consume. You may want to avoid me during those two weeks. I decided to write and ode to my favourite meat...PORK. I must ensure my brother reads this, as his hatred for pork knows no bounds. I am sure he will try to raise his offspring in a pork free environment ( not when he's with his Aunt : ). Muhhahhahaha!!!!!!!

An ode to pork

How supple thy skin of swine
How protean you are in form
Variable like no other
What say you bacon, mortadella, proscuitto
How can thy spring from the same mother?


Many abhor you and think you vile
But I...I love thee...I adore thee
In all forms you are gracious
Feeding the masses
Ignorant and unappreciative of your grace


I see past thy sloth and stink
I view thee as more than cuts of
Pinic shoulder, tenderloin, ribs,
ham, sirloin, hocks and remnants
I view thee as sustenance
A gastronomic delight
I shall keep thee at a distance
We shall meet again
In a fortnight


MarlenaRosa

3 comments:

  1. i love it! mmmmmmmmmm so tastey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to be the bearer of bad news but...

    mortadella is horse meat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say it ain't so! Isn't there pork mortadella as well?

    ReplyDelete