Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A week in vegan hell

It has been just over a week with no meat or diary. I went to a vegan restaurant the other night. Whenever I visit one of these places, I leave feeling... hungry and a little upset at myself that I let someone drag me to one of these establishments (although this time it was my idea). I feel duped, swindled-like some gypsy kid offered me a rose and then blew sand in my eye and stole my wallet. They write tantalizing narratives that make you believe that this shite could actually taste good. IT'S ALL LIES!! I am someone who has a broad  palate and I am willing to try anything once (not just talking about food here). So it's not that I am being difficult- I just have a problem paying for a meal that resembles cardboard or styrofoam covered in some dairy-less sauce, that tastes like it has been brewing in a homeless mans boot for two weeks. I tried tempeh for the first time. It tastes like styrofoam covered in breadcrumbs and fecal matter. I think I'll stick to cooking at home until this dreadful experiment is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment