Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

VERITAS

Many years ago, when the movie 'Alive' was released my brother and I had a conversation that went down in infamy. The movie is based on the true story of a Uruguayan rugby team who's plane crashed in the Andes. They were trapped for a prolonged period of time and when the food ran out, to survive, they dined on the bodies of their dead team mates. My brother thought it was vile and he would rather die than eat human flesh. I on the other hand have a strong survival instinct. I said I would have eaten human flesh if that was my only means of survival. He called me a savage. I told him that if we were stranded on a desert island and there was no vegetation or fruits and he had just died, that I would eat him and that he should feel honoured that he would prolong my life. His disgust was intensified when I told him that I would make "Terry-Kabobs" out of him. He said that he would never travel with me in the rare chance the plane crashed. He hasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment