Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Douche-baggery

This lovely message was in my Plenty of fish inbox this morning. If he was remotely attractive, I would consider looking past his condescending tone so I could meet him and suffocate him by sitting on his face. Instead he'll have to suffer in silence, never knowing whether I found him unattractive or a general douchebag.

st78e:Hi, for having only completed some college you have used some big time words.. if you were to ever give up being a make up artist and to go back to school,, I'm sure you can go all the way!

I don't appreciate back handed compliments. For someone with a masters degree, you would think he would be a bit more eloquent in his speech. I think this message annoyed me more than any other. It reeks of arrogance and an innate sense of superiority over those less educated. I may not have gone to university, but that does not mean I am an idiot. I have never been scholastically inclined, but I try to educate myself through travel, reading and keeping abreast on issues. Perhaps it bothered me because I know I am capable of much more; It's not the place of a stranger-someone interested in me, to tell me that I am inadequate as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment