Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

ZIE LIST

5.TWO MEAT FREE WEEKS

WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few months ago if you were to suggest that I should try two weeks without meat or dairy, I probably would have stabbed you in the eye for making such a asinine suggestion. I am so proud that I made it without cheating once! I did have some strange dreams and one night I swore the Babybel cheese in the fridge was whispering my name. But my resolve was strong.

 For breakfast this morning I had a piece of coffee cake (don't worry I'm not going to make a habbit of it) and a piece of that Babybel cheese. What's really suprising is that I am not craving meat like a mad woman. Let's not get it twisted, I am not a vegan forever, but I think this experiment opened my eyes a bit. I prepared the majority of my meals and became a lot more creative. I may even incorporate one meat free/vegan week a month. I have a new found respect for vegans and I will not mock them in the future(well less often).

No comments:

Post a Comment